Estate Planning is one of the three points The Diamond Group focuses on with all our clients. We believe that Estate Planning, Financial Planning, and Tax Preparation work together to provide our clients with a positive financial future.
About 90 percent of the people that we speak with have not spent any time thinking about estate planning. Estate Planning can be complicated and confusing to most people. Simple things such as a Power of Attorney and a Health Care Directive are just the tip of the iceberg.
Do you want your estate to avoid probate? I’m assuming so. Does your family really need a Revocable Trust or is that attorney just wanting to overcharge you? Did you know you could have your real estate avoid probate without paying thousands of dollars? Oh, and one other thing, don’t inadvertently disinherit your grandchildren because of a simple mistake most bankers and consultants make on a beneficiary form.
Estate Planning Questions
Estate planning is more than just the calculation of a possible estate tax. Your overall plan will address financial matters such as:
- What is the value of my assets less my debts, so I know my net worth?
- What is the exit strategy of my business ownership?
- Will I have enough money to live comfortably in retirement or do I need to change my investment strategy?
- Do I have a possible estate tax problem; so might I need insurance?
- How can I help my children buy a home or start a business? Family gift vs. family loan?
- Should I buy long-term care coverage for future medical needs?
- Should large charitable gifts be made during life or through a will?
- Can I appoint someone to step into my shoes financially and legally if I were to become incapacitated?